Stay Educated About Your Insurance

Leasing commercial space can be a great way to expand your business without the hassle and expense of buying property. However, it's important to make sure that you have the right insurance coverage in place before you sign a lease. Otherwise, you could be left vulnerable in the event of a fire, theft, or other damaging event.

Most commercial leases will require you to carry some basic insurance coverages, such as property damage and liability. If you're leasing office space, you may also be required to carry workers' compensation insurance if you have employees. In addition, it's always a good idea to carry business interruption insurance in case your business is forced to close due to damage from a covered event. By taking the time to understand your lease agreement and what coverages you need, you can help protect your business from financial hardship in the event of an unforeseen disaster.
When starting a trucking business, it's important to make sure you have the right insurance coverage in place. Transportation businesses are subject to a variety of risks, from accidents to theft. As a result, you'll need to think carefully about the coverage you need to protect your business.

One type of coverage that is particularly important for trucking businesses is cargo insurance. This type of insurance protects your business in the event that your cargo is damaged or stolen while in transit. If you're transporting valuable or high-risk items, cargo insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that your business is protected.

Another type of coverage to consider is liability insurance. This coverage can help protect your business in the event that someone is injured while on your property or if you're found responsible for damage to another person's property. Trucking businesses can be sued for a variety of reasons, so it's important to have adequate liability coverage in place.

There are many other types of coverage available for trucking businesses, so be sure to talk to an insurance agent to get started. By taking the time to understand your risks and choose the right coverage, you can help ensure that your trucking business is protected from financial loss.
Business licenses are required by most jurisdictions in order to operate a business within the city, county, or state limits. Depending on the type of business, the license may be issued by the local government, the state government, or a combination of both. Businesses that deal with food, alcohol, firearms, or other regulated products may also need to obtain special licenses from state or federal agencies. To find out who should issue your business license, you can contact your local Chamber of Commerce or Business License Office. They will be able to direct you to the appropriate agency for your business. In some cases, you may need to apply for a license from multiple agencies. For example, businesses that sell alcohol will need to obtain a liquor license from the state in addition to any local licenses that may be required. The process for applying for a business license can vary depending on the type of business and the governing agencies, but it is typically a straightforward process. Once you have obtained all the necessary licenses, you will be able to legally operate your business.
Depending on the type of Transportation business you are trying to start USDOT will require between $750,000 Combine Single Limit and $1,500,000 combined single limit auto coverage. If you are transporting cargo they may have a cargo requirement as well. You will also need to apply for a USDOT and MC # so you have authority to transport intermodal or intramodal depending on your authority and business situation.
Most carriers have a pay in full, 2 pay, 4 pay, and monthly payment option. To maximize discounts, if you have the ability to do so, you should ask your agent if there is a discount for paying in full. Sometimes paying in full can save you hundreds of dollars per year instead of paying month to month.
Inland Marine coverage takes many forms. You might hear it called contractors tools coverage or cargo coverage. At the root of it, Inland Marine policies are designed to protect all property that is not permanently mounted to a vehicle while in transit. This can be loose tools, equipment being carried, jobsite supplies and materials, as well as, cargo being transported as a service.
Skip to content