General liability insurance is coverage for bodily injuries and property damage claims that may be filed against your business.
Why is general liability insurance important for your business?
It’s a basic fact of doing business: as much as you count on commercial property insurance to be there for you in the event of catastrophic damage to your facilities, you also need to protect your organization from potentially ruinous lawsuits that can arise as a result of accidents or negligence.
Without appropriate general liability insurance coverage, you could be putting the future of your business at serious risk.
What does general liability insurance cover?
Under most general liability insurance policies, your business can be protected from lawsuits resulting from:
- Bodily injuries that occur to customers, employees, vendors or visitors on your premises
- Personal injuries sustained as a result of the actions or negligence of one of your employees
- Property damage caused by your employees
- Advertising injury (damage from slander or false advertising)
- The amount of coverage you will need depends on factors such as the type of business you run and its location.
General Liability Insurance vs Professional Liability Insurance
The difference between these two is the types of risk they cover. General liability insurance protects against claims of bodily injury or property damage, while professional liability insurance covers financial damages.
Looking for general liability insurance? Learn more about how KMH Insurance Group can help. Contact us today!