Autumn is rapidly falling and with it comes all the pumpkin spice! But, not everyone likes a “PSL,” so it might be a good idea to have something else in your recipe book to warm up your guests. This Homemade Apple Cider from delish.com will be just the thing.
- 10 large apples, quartered
- 1/2 orange, halved
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp. cloves
- 1 tsp. whole allspice
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add apples, oranges, spices, and brown sugar. Cover with water by at least 2”. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 2 hours.
- Remove orange halves, then use a potato masher or wooden spoon to mash apples. Return to a simmer and let simmer uncovered for 1 hour more.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, pressing on solids with a wooden spoon to squeeze all juices out. Discard solids.
- Serve apple cider warm.