These days, going on a real vacation is hard (if not impossible!), so we decided to compile a list of staycation ideas for you guys!
- Go for a hike.
- Visit a local park.
- Go camping in your own backyard.
- Try a local winery/brewery.
- Pay your kids to be your maid for a week so you can relax!
- Have a local restaurant tasting. (Always wanted to try the appetizers from one place, the fries from another, the pizza from this place, and the dessert from that one? Take out party!)
- Paint a room in your house or rearrange the furniture.
- Have a game day with the family.
- Have a movie marathon (binge the entire series of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, whatever strikes your fancy!).
- Lock your phone away! One of my favorite things about vacation is that I can get off the grid, but you don’t have to literally be off the grid to get away from it all.
- Have a spa day.
- Read a book (or two)!
- Do a ridiculous craft you have always kind of wanted to try. Want to learn origami? What about diamond painting? Go for it!
- Visit a nearby tourist spot. I know there are things in my hometown that I have never visited, so why not now? Play up the whole tourist thing, too! Bring a camera, wear a fanny pack, do whatever you want.
These are just a few ideas; if you have any ideas of your own, feel free to share!
Please follow and like us: